- plain huggie earrings in 10ct gold
Your curated ear look might consist of multiple stud earrings, drop earrings, hoops or huggies, or a mix of all different earring types. You also might start with two simple piercings, or perhaps you already have an array of piercings and you’re simply looking for inspiration to style them.
Whatever you’re after, our guide has the answer. Find out the key ear piercing types and get inspiration for some of our favourite ear curation looks; from lowkey, everyday earring stacks to statement layered earring looks.
Before we get into the curated ear piercing inspo with some of our favourite stacked earring looks, it’s important to know what each of the ear piercing types are – so if you’re inspired to head to the piercer, you know what to ask for!
Lobe Piercing – the fleshy part at the bottom of your ear. This is generally the first place people get their ears pierced, and your lobe is suitable for all types of earrings – from hoops and drop earrings to stylish studs – so your lobe is the place to wear any statement earrings you want to rock.
In this stack:
- powerhouse hoops in gold
3. How to create a curated ear stack
Now that we’ve covered the piercing fundamentals, how do you create the perfect ear stack for every occasion? We’ve got you covered with some of our favourite ear styling inspo.
3.1. The perfect simple ear stack for everyday
Multiple earrings does not have to mean over-the-top. You can style a constellation of dainty, timeless yet modern pieces to create a look unique to you, which is interesting and eye-catching yet still subtle enough for work, brunch dates, or the supermarket.
• Keep it simple with small-scale studs, huggies, or even tiny drop earrings.
• Stick to the same metal colour for each piece to keep your look polished and cohesive (for example, all yellow gold or all sterling silver).
• Don’t be afraid to add sparkle! Diamonds are high quality and timeless, and our micro diamond pieces are perfect for every day.
• Keeping your metal and stone types the same gives you the freedom to mix it up with your shapes. Experiment with pairing round studs, heart shapes, crosses, and bar studs for an eclectic look.
• Wear your largest pieces in your lobes, and scale down to smaller earrings as you move higher up your ear.
• Same goes for any styles that ‘drop’ – wear these in your lobe piercings to let them swing, and stick to regular studs or huggies for your higher piercings.
In this stack:
- diamond pave heart stud earrings in 10ct gold
-3.2. Go a little bolder for night-time looks
• Add a chunky hoop earring (or a few) to your stack for an instant statement.
• Sparkle is always a good idea. Keep it simple and timeless with a diamond solitaire stud, or add some glitter with a diamond initial stud.
• To keep your bold earring stack looking considered, stick to the same metal colour.
• Slick your hair back and let your amazing ear stack own the show!
In this stack:
-4. More ear stack styling tips
• Mix your metals. Gold and silver look great together; just ensure you keep the finish the same (for instance, all polished pieces). Play with textures and shapes, too, to style into the eclectic look.
• An ear cuff is your best friend. You could call it the cheat’s ear stack, but we say it’s just clever styling. Make the foray into a statement ear look by adding a cuff which hugs your outer ear – similar to a conch piercing, minus the needle.
• Introduce gems. Lean into the playful vibe of an ear stack by introducing new colours and textures, via pearls and coloured stones.
New piercings need to heal, and they need to be looked after properly to help the healing process. Your piercing professional will give you instructions on caring for and cleaning your piercings, and it’s important to follow their advice for quick healing and to avoid any possible infection.
Ready to curate your ear stack? Shop earrings >