Conflict Free 10k Gold

10k gold pieces listed as or with ‘conflict free’ 10k gold, we sourced from suppliers listed on the London Bullion Market Association, the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre, the Responsible Minerals Initiative and the Responsible Jewellery Council (Chain of Custody). This means that our gold will not have contributed to any unlawful conflict.

Most gold jewellery is crafted from an alloy; this means pure gold (24k) is blended with other metals. This helps the gold hold its shape, as 24k is more malleable ('bendy') on its own. Different alloy blends also help jewellers achieve unique tones and colours (like rose gold). At Medley, we craft our fine pieces using an alloy of 10k gold which means they are 10/24 parts of pure gold (41.7%) with the remaining 58.3% alloyed metals.

What Does Conflict Free Mean?

‘Conflict free’ means that we do not support activities which cause, support or benefit armed conflict, contribute to human rights abuses or breaches of international humanitarian law and money laundering and terrorist financing. 

Medley Ring Fine Wave Stacker Ring in 10k Gold
Medley Necklace Laboratory Grown Diamond 4.00ct Tennis Necklace in 10k Gold

Solid Gold vs Gold Plated

The difference between our 10k gold pieces and our 18k fine gold-plated jewellery is the amount of solid gold used. While 10k gold jewellery is made of a gold alloy that is either consistent throughout the piece or has a slightly hollow centre, gold-plated pieces are covered with a thin film of gold over a base metal of sterling silver.

Choosing a gold plated piece over a solid gold piece allows you to get the same look for much less. But if you prefer to invest in your pieces and opt for 10k gold, your pieces will hold their colour and won't fade over time.

Shop 10k Gold Jewellery by Category

10k Gold Rings

Browse Now

10k Gold Necklaces

Browse now

10k Gold Earrings

Browse Now
We Now Offer

Recycled 10k Gold

As we look to extend our efforts towards sustainability, we now offer a growing range of jewellery made from recycled metals.

Recycled metals contain the same alloy makeup as their virgin counterparts, but the source material has been melted down for reuse from recovered or reclaimed material.

Want to know more?

Our customer service team is always here to help. If you have any questions, please contact us.